We at Acuto Shoes are passionate about designing shoes that enhance your look and style. And it is for the love of our shoes that we recommend taking care of them. Regular cleaning and polishing can extend the life of your footwear and protect your investment.
Essential items for cleaning & polishing:
- Cream polish or wax
- Soft cloth or rag
- Brush with natural bristles
- An old toothbrush
- Old newspapers, is highly useful than to scrap them
Tips to Polishing Leather Shoes
- Select a polish matching with the colour of your shoe. These polishes normally consist of various dyes and wax which help in keeping the shoes looking fresh, adding shine and covering any scuffs occurring due to wear and tear.
- Polishes are available in liquid and cream formats. Although liquid polishes are easiest to use, it is recommended to use creams or pastes for best results of protection and conditioning of the shoes. Liquid polishes have a tendency to dry up the leather which can cause scuffing and cracking.
- Remove the laces. Clean off the dust and dirt from the shoe upper, and its heel and sole area using a damp cloth and brush. Apply small amounts of polish with the help of a soft cloth by dabbing it on the leather in a circular pattern. There are some tight areas hard to reach using a cloth, which is where an old toothbrush is very effective. After applying polish on the shoes, place them on a newspaper and allow about 15 minutes for it to dry. After this use a brush with natural bristle and brush the shoes to spread the polish throughout the surface of the shoe. Then a clean rag can be used to buff the shoes to a desired level of shine.
Cleaning Suede and Nubuck Shoes
- Shoes with a napped finish, such as Suedes and Nubucks, cannot be polished as it will destroy their natural look into something completely different.
- Shoes made in Suede and Nubuck leathers need more frequent preventive maintenance to keep their look intact and hence making it wearable for a longer period of time.
- Due to its textured nature and open pores, Suedes and Nubucks may become dirty and absorb liquids quickly. Therefore, the first thing you might want to do after buying suede or nubuck shoes is to apply a protectant which repels water and stains. However, such repellants last only for a while; you will need to apply them periodically.
- To clean your shoes, gently brush them to remove loose dirt and restore nap. Then apply the suede/ velour spray to condition and preserve them.
For any more queries or concerns on shoe care etc. please feel free to send us an email at
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank you for choosing Acuto Shoes and look forward to your shopping with us again.